Kidnappers Kill Mother & Her Nursing Daughter

On Thursday, the family members of Simon Igba, an officer of the Nigeria Police Force, were thrown into agony following the killing of his wife, Christiana Igba and his mother-in-law, Maria Agbo. Christiana and her mother, were kidnapped in the Dei-Dei area of the capital city about two weeks ago.
Mrs Maria was on a postnatal visit to her daughter, Christiana, who recently gave birth after being childless for  about ten years since her marriage. The bandits had invaded their residence near the Mopol Barracks, Dei-Dei, hacked the husband to coma and whisked away Christiana, her mother and the one-month-old baby to an unknown destination.
One of the neighbours, Adejor Jacob, who narrated the incident to DAILY POST on Saturday, said the abductors had demanded N90 million ransom prior to the murder of the victims.
According to him, “The late Christiana gave birth recently after being barren for more than ten years. Her mother came to Abuja from Benue State for the postnatal and to celebrate with the family over the newborn.
“The kidnappers earlier asked the husband to pay N90 million ransom as the only condition to release his wife and his mother-in-law.
“A day before they were killed, the kidnappers contacted the husband and they both negotiated and settled for N10 million.
“The kidnappers asked him to make the money available before 10 am the following day, which was last Thursday.
“Before the agreed time, the kidnappers called the husband to inform him that the one month old-baby was ill.
“There was another victim that the kidnappers released that day so they gave her the little baby and asked her to take the newborn to a hospital. “The kidnappers gave her the phone number of the baby’s father and asked her to call when she got to the hospital.
“The woman did as she was instructed. The hospital called Igba and he went there and recovered his baby. After a few hours, we received a report that Christiana and her mother had been killed.
“Their lifeless bodies were dumped and some police officers went there to recover them. They have been deposited at the Kubwa General Hospital.”
When our correspondent visited the area on Saturday, it was gathered that the residents who are still in shock over the unprecedented murder, are living in fear.
According to a resident who does not want to be mentioned, “many people are relocating from Dei-Dei due to security issues in the area.
“There has been a series of kidnappings and killings in this place since January but most of the incidents are not captured by the media.”Meanwhile, DAILY POST reports that the daredevil terrorists have been on rampage, terrorizing some areas in the territory, including Kawu, Gaba, Dei-dei, Kubwa Hills, Ushafa, Bwari, Mpape, Kubwa, Lugbe, Pyakasa, Keti, Gbaupe, Gbaukuchi, Airport Road, among others.
Earlier last week, reports emerged that over 200 violent attacks have been recorded across all the six area councils of the FCT since President Bola Tinubu assumed office on May 29, 2023.
It was gathered that at least 89 residents of the nation’s capital have been killed by the terrorists, while 176 were kidnapped within the period.
This has instilled palpable fear and anxiety on residents, particularly those residing in the satellite areas.
DAILY POST reports that nightlife, especially in the Bwari Area Council, has drastically diminished as most residents desert the streets before nightfall.

Culled from Daily Post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *