Apart from the mild drama of security men walking me out after I whispered to Monday Ubani, that Olumide Akpata, NBA President was wrong in saying that Appeal Committee had heard my Appeal against my erroneous disqualification by ECNBA and my fate sealed, below are some major decisions reached at Ilorin NEC;
1. Three New Branches were created. Garki and Nyanya/Karu Branches were created in FCT while Surulere/Yaba Branch was created in Lagos. The NBA President explained that Garki Branch was created to resolve the crisis in Abuja Branch while Nyanya Karu Branches were created to ease the administration of Abuja and Lagos Branches who has great number of lawyers.
2. World Renowned Novelist, Chimamanda Adichie will be the Keynote Speaker at the 2022 AGC. This was proposed by the Chairman of Technical Committee on Conference Planning [TCCP], for 2022 Annual General Conference [AGC] of the Association, Mr Tobenna Erojikwe and accepted by NEC Members.
3. The 2022 AGC will hold at Eco Atlantic and Eco Hotel and Suites between 19th – 26 August 2022. This was also Proposed by TCCP Chairman, Tobenna Erojikwe and accepted by NEC Members.
4. The AGC 2022 Rates will remain the same for as of 2021 for physical participants, But Flat rates of 5k, 10k, 15k for 1-5 years, 6-9 years and 10-14 years respectively for Virtual Attendees. This was also proposed by the TCCP Chairman and accepted by NEC Members.
5. The NBA NEC Commended the NBA President for his bold and courageous Reaction to the Murder of Sokoto Student, Deborah Samuel for Blasphemy against the Prophet of Islam.
6. NBA President announced the members of NBA election Appeal Committees of The North, East and West Zones. This was accepted by NEC Members.
7. NBA NEC Resolved to Investigate the Invasion of the National Industrial Court Premises in Owerri Imo State and the Abduction of four staff of the Court.
8. There will be relaunching of the Secretariat in July after the full completion of its Renovation. The Human Rights Institute of the NBA will be named after Governor Akeredolu SAN.
9. NBA NEC accepted a report by the 1st Vice President that the NBA has instituted 8 disciplinary cases against 8 lawyers for procuring and obtaining conflicting court orders.
10. All Lawyers hired in a Law Firm Must be given *a written Contract* this was proposed by the Remuneration Committee and accepted by NEC Members. *Law firms must also Compulsorily enroll all their Staff in NHIS.