FCT Abuja, the Capital of Nigeria, has 6 Area Councils. They are, Abaji, Kwali, Kuje, Gwagwalada, AMAC and Bwari.
On Saturday February 12, 2022, INEC organized an election for the 6 Area Councils. The tenure of Area Council leadership, is 3years.
14 political parties participated in the just concluded FCT Area Council Election. They were contesting for 62 Councilorship seats and 6 Chairmanship seat.
True to our predictions long before the election, it turned out to be a two horse race; PDP and APC.
After collation of results at different collation centers in each Area Council, the following persons, were announced winners;
1. John Gabaya, incumbent chairman of PDP is chairman-elect, Bwari Area Council he got 13,045 votes to defeat Audi of APC, who got 7,697 votes.
2. Suleman Sabo of the PDP is chairman-elect, Kuje Area Council, he got 13,301 votes.
3. Christopher Zakka of the PDP, is AMAC chairman-elect, he got 19,302 votes.
4. Danladi Chiya of the APC, is Chairman-elect, Kwali Area Council, he got 7,646 votes.
5. Jubrin Abubakar of the APC, is Chairman-elect of Gwagwalada Area Council. He got 11,125 votes to emerge as Chairman-elect.
6. APC with no candidate, was declared winner of Abaji Area Council.